Reliance is flooding the Indian Smartphone market with one after another Smartphones, and these devices are as good as you can get.
Vibe K5 Plus will also remain its biggest opponent and that might be because both carries an absolute similar price tag.
Coming back to Water 9, every single phone from Lyf brand are not similar in fact they all served a different purpose.
So what’s the buzz about Water 9?
There are 5 pros about this handset, to help you take the buying decision.
- 16GB internal memory: It is the only phone in this price cap with such a large ROM.
- Motion gestures: It’s a feature that recognizes not one but up to 5 fingers for the purpose of fingerprint scanner, dial a number, open an app.
- Design: Again, Lyf seems to be the only brand so far to use the top quality Asahi dragon tail as screen protection which does two things – first, it protects the screen from
minormajor scratches and second, it also enhances the viewing experience.
- Display: At Rs 8,499 it’s the only mobile with a pixel density of 401ppi, and that’s a big deal and tells us about the hard work Lyf engineers has done.
- OTG factor: Lyf seems to have understood the fact that making an On The Go Pendrive enabled device is essential, why? Simple, it’s the thing of the future!
5.5″ IPS Full HD display does the job nicely and 401ppi pixel depth is inspiring and gives us no doubt that at the offering price, HD videos and playing high-end games will be a treat.
As mentioned above, it has a 2.5D curved design with bezel coupled which tells about its sleek shape and Asahi Dragon tail is an add-on feature which is hard to come by in any device under Rs 10,000.
It allows to take selfies and photos using a fingerprint from both the cameras, 13 MP rear and 5 MP selfies camera.
Motion track mode is also very useful wherein the images and most importantly the videos being shot doesn’t look blurry and are in-depth.
OTG support will allow us to transfer the data from or onto the device at really quick speed, again it is another good to have feature which Vibe K5 Plus also flaunts.
It will operate on Android Lollipop 5.1 and is powered by an Octa-core 1.3 GHz processor.
It’s quite harsh that they haven’t used the marshmallow but then the RAM of 2GB supervises the overall performance with ease.
Vibe K5 plus on the hand has a 3 GB of RAM and has a more powerful processor than the one on my hand.
But then, vibe is 0.5″ inches smaller than Lyf Water 9 which makes both of them doubtlessly compatible.
Water 9 will take load from its 2,800 mAh battery whereas Vibe K5 Plus has an enormous 3,500 mAh battery back up, an important part of spec where Lyf takes the back seat.
However, at this MRP and the kind of built-in software that Lyf 9 comes with, it is clear that users will not face any issues regarding battery power or heating issue.
Still amazing is the fact that the stand by time of 115 hours in 9 is better than the Vibe.
On the storage front, both has a 16GB internal and extended storage of UpTo 32GB, hence no difference here!
If one looks closely to all the Smartphone launched by Reliance, this one was clearly overdue and that’s solely because of its impeccable design and top display pattern, but still it can’t beat the Vibe K5 Plus.
- Package: Travel Charger, User Manual, USB Data Cable, Headset, Warranty Card, Earphones and Back Cover
- SIM: Dual SIM (GSM + GSM)
- Touch Screen: Capacitive Touchscreen, Multi-touch
- Primary Camera Sensors: Dual color LED Flash, Motion Track Mode, Digital Zoom, Auto Frame Rate, Blink Detection, Panorama, HDR, Red Eye Reduction, Smile/Face Detection
- Audio Jack: 3.5 mm
- Dimensions (mm): 153.55 × 77.8 × 7.9
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Ambient Light, Proximity, Accelerometer, Flip to Mute, Double Tab to Wake, Music Player Control Gestures, Slide Down to open Camera, Hall sensor
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Colors: Gold
- Price: Rs 8,699 Approx