Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 edition has been headlines in India for a long time now, due to its expensive price tag the South Korean giant delayed the release in the country by few months. It is available for INR 28,990 on Samsung e-store and major mortar and brick stores as well.
Before we jump into the key features, let’s look at whats inside the package and later in this post we’ll also look at what experts has to say about this newest gadget.
Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 Specifications
- Launched on 15 March, 2017 in India
- Runs Android v6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Full HD Super AMOLED display with 424 ppi on 5.2-inches screen
- Corning Gorilla Glass 4 layer
- 16 MP main and 16 MP front camera
- 3000mAh battery with quick charge and USB Type-C port
- Supports 4G VoLTE and all major Indian bands
- Fingerprint scanner on the front side
- 32 GB internal and 256 GB expandable option
- Drives Octa-core processor with 1.9 GHz clock speed
- Samsung Exynos 7 Octa 7880 chipset
- Mali-T830 MP3 as GPU
- 3 GB of RAM
- Dust proof
- Water proof (upto 30 minutes in a depth of 1.5 meter)
- 146.1 (H) × 71.4 (W) × 7.9 (T) mm as dimensions
- Available in Black Sky, Gold Sand, Blue Mist, Peach Cloud
A5 2017 unique features and facts
- Best phone priced around Rs. 28,000 with Octa core processor
- Only 3rd Samsung device with the highest camera resolution
- 3rd thinnest mobile at the same price
- Best water proof phablet at the given MRP
- Most awaited Samsung Smartphone in 2017
A5 2017 Review and verdict
So should you buy it?
Yes, only if you can afford it and if you can then it is definitely worth a try.
In a few days time since it went official in India, as much as 2 lakh Indian aspiring buyers have checked it out on various internet blogs and major review sites. It comes from the top Mobile brand and has literally everything to make it a ‘Smart’ phone.
The only hardware that it lacks is the OTG support and rest everything is top class from design to software & hardware.
Samsung has hardly designed a mobile with such an excellent camera sensor, this one has a pair of 16 megapixel on both sides, makes it a rare piece.
Experts across the world has also provided their intake, let’s look at that!
Leading Australian International Business Times praises it and suggest their readers to surely recommend it.
At the same time British based express.co.uk calls it an ‘Budgeted Smartphone with Flagship kind of features’ and gives a 4 out of 5 star.
On other hand HiTechGazette says that it has some problems with the image stabilizer and even though they have told their readers to go for it but have asked them to be aware of the camera.